Saturday 11 April 2015

EXCLUSIVE: Musa Mohammed Speaks ; I left camp with coach Siasia's permission.


Contrary to the speculations in some section of the media that U20 Flying Skipper had absconded the Under 23 camp before the Coach Siasia led side departed Nigeria for the make or mar encounter with Zambia U23 and with another feelers stating that NFF released a statement condemning this action and also vowing that player must not go unpunished .

The Nigeria U20 captain has come out to say that he left camp with the permission of the head coach Samson Siasia last Wednesday.

Furthermore Musa said that he had no reason whatsoever to abscond after all he has the first player to resume camp. Musa said he had gone to retrieve his passport from the German Embassy which he did under permission.

Musa said :

"It is not true. I've been reading in papers that I ran away from camp but it is not true.” 
“I'm surprised, though I was told to keep silent about it but my image is at stake.
“When I came to the camp, the team's secretary asked me for my passport.
"I told him my passport was not with me but at the [German] Embassy. After two days, he asked for it again and I notified him it was still not with me.
“Even the slip I needed to collect my passport was in my home state in Kano. I didn't come to camp with it.
"They told me I'm supposed to speak to the chief coach about it, that my passport was not with me. And he told me they needed the passport.
"The chief coach permitted me to go to Kano and from Kano to the Embassy in Lagos to collect my passport.
“They are all aware of my passport problem because they permitted me to go and collect the passport from the Embassy," he said.
If Mohammed's defence is anything to go by, the swift decision of the NFF to punish players without thorough investigation will attract a whirlwind of questions about their capacity to address issues surrounding players’ discipline Goal had reported.

My take is that this issue should be properly addressed because it is becoming a norm for our youth players to be misguidedly whisked away by greedy agents especially when the country need them most .NFF should first restrict some of these thieves parading themselves as managers from coming near these boys. This Flying Eagles is the future of Nigeria Football. NFF should guide them well


No comments:

Post a Comment