Thursday 8 May 2014

HOW FAR WILL THE EAGLES FLY AT THE WORLD CUP ?

             I have always believed in handwork and i believe good things don't come easy. I believe that how far Nigeria will go in Brazil depends on the caliber of players we are taking to world cup. I commend Coach Steven Keshi for he is unfazed by criticism
In his words .
"This is life and not everybody is going to like you,"

"So who am I to worry about everybody loving or not liking Stephen Keshi? I don't care as long as my family loves me, as long as I am doing my job and I have good health - the rest is nothing.
"As long as I can put smile on somebody's face every day, make them happy, that is all because I can say thank God." KESHI told BBC sports sometime March 2014.
Now, can i be honest and state that football is the only sports that unites this country. Can i say that football is the only sports that Nigerian's passionately love . Nigeria is a football loving nation and family and as long as you are here as our Coach/manager , We are family. That is why you must strive to be a source of happiness to all Nigerians using this game of  football. You must  never allow yourself to be seduced by sentiment.
As a person i’m quite sensitive to the critiques I receive about any part of my life. A lot of the time, I feel like I just know better and that I can handle myself; moreover, if I needed help, I would ask for it, But then it would not favor my pride to take advise from people. With time i became aware that some constructive critics are structured to make us better in our various pursuits.  However, I’ve realized that you begin to receive more criticism when you are dealing with what makes people happy, it's just normal .

People who need answers to so many questions like myself will continue to ask  questions.World cup is no gimmicks , some of us who will have the opportunity to be in Brazil wants to see the best of what my beloved country Nigeria can offer and not mere sight-seen players. I crave for players who knows what it takes to represent Nigeria at the world stage. Some of the players you called in your 30-man provisional list has no business being there. A player like Chigozie Agbim for instance cannot and should not have been named in your squad . After having a disastrous outing in South Africa , CHAN precisely . Agbim was dropped by Enugu Rangers International because of his lackluster performance yet this same man makes our national team ? Haba Keshi !! A man who cannot MAN the post  for Enugu Rangers , What is he looking for in our national team ? why do we keep doing the same thing and expecting different results, Why? when will  this experimentation stop ? When would we learn our lessons?  

2002 World cup was the same experimentation , Onigbinde took some bunch who had no business being at the world cup and we all saw how it ended, we struggled and struggle , We were bundle out in the first round and this same man comes out to hail keshi's decisive manner of selection , i laugh in swahili , Mind people who have failed , they are the worst off in advise world.
Sir , with all due respect how many games did you win at the world cup? we will all see how it goes with Keshi in few months but then i suggest we all take a look at other countries coming to the world cup and see for ourselves what football should be.

Germany for instance made a  30-man squad, take a look and see if you will find any CUT AND JOIN there..
Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hanover 96)
Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Hoewedes (Schalke 04) Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg SV), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal), Shkodran Mustafi (Sampdoria) Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich),
Midfielders: Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Leon Goretzka (Schalke 04), Mario Goetze (Bayern Munich), Andre Hahn (Augsburg), Sami Khedira (Real Madrdi), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Max Meyer (Schalke 04), Thomas Mueller (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Andre Schuerrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)
Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim)

All  are''A'' GRADED players , No sentiments , even Gomez was dropped !! i think i have said enough on this matter . I wish the team well .
 i rest my case.



No comments:

Post a Comment