Monday 2 February 2015

I See The Future Of Nigeria Football In This Present Flying Eagles !


I congratulate the Super Flying Eagles as they emerged champions of the 2015 Super six tournament. I call them Super Flying Eagles because I foresee them becoming the future of Nigeria football. I watched all there matches and all  I can say is that it was never a fluke that they won the U17 championship back in 2013. What I saw was boys with a lot of determination with so much  urge to excel and given the fact that these boys are still young they will certainly go far. For those that don't know the Flying Eagles defeated Nigerian champions Kano Pillars, former African champions, Enyimba and CAF Confederations Cup contenders, Dolphins and Warri Wolves in the opening four games to secure an unassailable 12 points and even lifted the trophy before there last game with Dream Team which also ended in a competitive 3 - 3 draw. To me that is a commendable performance and deserves applauding. One very remarkable thing about this team is that i noticed it was very easy for them to ease past these acclaimed big names of Nigeria football even without there  regulars like Dele Alampasu, Kelechi Iheanacho and Nwakili.

The future of  Nigeria football will indeed come from this team if they remain focus. As they leave for Senegal to participate in the  Africa Youth Championship U20 qualifiers, I honestly do not see any team stopping them in Africa or at the world cup. I hate to single out players because the game of football is about team work and what validates any team's performance depends on the input of every player on the pitch but I must admit that players like Awoniyi ,Chidera Ezeh and Obinna Nwobodo where really exceptional and perfectly showed extreme maturity and class. Obinna Nwobodo is indeed a fantastic player and a complete box to box midfielder that can dissolve any team with his killer passes and compact play. If that man can detect standings and possess the ball in a match that parades giants like Dolphin,Kano Pillars, Enyimba and Warri Wolves Fc then I think it shows that the future of Nigeria football should be directed towards this team. Infact I propose we continue to monitor the progress of this current boys in the Flying Eagles because they are un-arguably the way forward to Nigeria Football. I am overwhelm by what i saw from this team and i think Coach Manu Garba deserves praise for the feat he has achieved with this team. I hope they continue to stay focused and make our country proud as future Super Eagles Players!

The flying Eagles is Super.




No comments:

Post a Comment